From delicate cleaning to selective coating removal to aggressive profiling of industrial substrates, Sponge-Jet distribution offers a wide range of surface preparation solutions – and benefits. All of our rental units come with 24/7 service for peace of mind and with long and short term rental options.
Sponge-Jet Protects Your Environment And Bottom Line
The Sponge-Jet technology suppresses fugitive emissions and rebound that can lead to costly interruptions and dangerous workplace conditions.
From delicate cleaning to selective coating removal to aggressive profiling of industrial substrates, Sponge-Jet offers a wide range of surface preparation – and benefits.
Sponge-Jet’s low dust, low ricochet, and recyclable process offers:
- Lower fugitive emissions
- Less worker exposure and fatigue
- Less eye and other injuries
- Enhanced visibility and first-pass quality
- Fewer defects and rework, keeping projects on schedule
- High-quality surface preparation in sensitive or confined areas
- A solution for preparing surfaces near finished coatings, instruments, and equipment
- Low inbound and outbound freight
- Less pollution, waste generation, fines, and reporting
- Improved community relations
- The ability for other trades to work nearby
- Less downtime, improved asset availability
- Coatings perform longer, saving on maintenance costs
- Easier staging, containment, ventilation and clean up
- Less waste, disposal, and material handling
The heart of the Sponge-Jet System is its Sponge Media. This patented technology combines the containment capability of urethane sponge and the cleaning and cutting power of conventional abrasives.
The pliant nature of Sponge Media abrasives allows its particles to flatten on impact (fig. 1), exposing the abrasive. After leaving the surface, the media expands, creating a vacuum – entrapping most of what would normally have become airborne contaminants (fig. 2). This is referred to as Sponge Media’s MicroContainment™.
The Sponge-Jet Process